The newly formed steering group the Association of Age Service Professionals (AASP), of which I am a member/secretary, came about because many professionals in the aged care arena have felt that there is no regulation for anyone hanging out a shingle and professing to be experts on the field of aged care placement, aged care financial advice and other professions dealing directly with the consumer. I would like to share with you the Association’s charter, as I am passionate about the goals we wish to achieve.
The AASP is a not for profit peak body for consultants operating in the retirement, age and disability sectors who are not regulated by the Government through packages and accreditation compliance. The Association ensures that organisations providing services in the ageing, retirement and disability industries operate with integrity in an ethical and professional manner and contribute to the good reputation and betterment of the industry.
The Association has been established with the objective to be a not for profit, professional, industry peak body whose purposes are to:
• Create a brand which represents a high standard of professionalism in the provision of services to consumers in the ageing, retirement and disability industries.
• Establish standards of conduct, competency and operation for members.
• Support members with ongoing commitment to the ageing, retirement and disability industries.
• Encourage and support organisations providing services in the ageing, retirement and disability industries to operate in an ethical and professional manner.
• Facilitate cooperative betterment of the industry to the benefit of consumers by:
o Acting as a cohesive strong voice for members at a state and federal level of government in issues that affect the industry as a whole and our consumers in particular.
o Working with other peak bodies in the betterment of the industry.
o Promoting the brand and the members it represents to government and private providers who may refer consumers.