With experience in the aged care industry of over 20 years I have been able to develop an extensive network of contacts with aged care providers. I also have a sound understanding of what the different facilities can offer you, so I can easily match the most suitable facility to your needs. Often, I can also negotiate a lower fee.
The Steps I take are:
- I meet with you for an initial appointment at your home or advocate’s home or office.
- I carefully explain the aged care process and what is involved.
- I clearly explain the costs of aged care and how it can be paid.
- I interview you to find out what are the most important considerations you have when looking for a home.
- I work to your time-frame. Sometimes a situation is urgent and, in this case, I will find a solution to ensure you remain safe.
- I remain in regular contact with you, however you like to communicate.
- I will provide a list of appropriate facilities that meet your criteria for you to consider.
- I make appointments at those facilities you nominate to visit and will either accompany you or send my representative to accompany you, if required.
- I assist with completing and submitting all the necessary paperwork and wait lists at your chosen facilities.
- I continue to manage the ongoing wait listing process with each facility on your behalf.
- I will assist you by providing referrals to reputable, aged care specific financial planners or estate and property services, if required.
- I assist in the admission process to see that it goes as smoothly as possible.
- I follow up after admission to make sure you are settled in and content with the facility.
As I don’t have any particular allegiance to any other person or organisation I am able to be totally objective in offering the best options to my clients. I can offer all these services or just some, depending on how much help you want.